Marathon Moving has been providing moving tips via podcasts. You can learn easy, efficient, and cost effective moving tips by listening. We feel that the Top Tips learned from the Pod Casts are listed here.
1. When using mover provided storage, a detailed inventory is provided of the condition of your goods when the items left your home which can be compared to the condition at their final destination. Since we have been a sole care custody provider for the items, any discrepancy will be our fault.
2. Propane tanks, paints, fertilizers, gas cans as well as the gas stored in your power equipment all needs to be taken care of. We suggest that you run all the outdoor equipment until they are out of fuel, then open the cap and let the gas fumes evaporate as well. This should be done a couple of days before your move.
3. A mover will only handle the most simple of appliance disconnects. This means a refrigerator that does not involve a water line, or an electric dryer, not gas. They will also disconnect the washing machine only when there is a shut off for the water valve.
4. When preparing yard furniture, planters and outdoor grills for a move, you need to consider the weather.
5. Movers will not move items in the following categories: items that are dangerous, perishable, irreplaceable items.
6. To cut down on the costs of your interstate move, take a direct look at high weight/low use collections like books, LP's and CD's.
7. To cut down on the costs of your local move you need to cut down on time. Have a move-in director at the destination who can be available for the entire move.
For more information on your interstate, international, or local move, contact Marathon Moving.